Just in time for the end of awards season, I was lucky enough to snag one myself! Lisa F. my wonderful reader, teacher and mentor was kind enough to present me with this Beautiful Blogger Award! Lisa is my Capstone class instructor which means that usually, through no fault of her own, she is the woman behind all of my “stressed out” remarks. We all know it’s the class and not you Lisa!! Well, anyways it’s nice to know that someone out there other than my wonderful mother is reading this and that’s just fab! So now that I have this award, I have a few requirements to fulfill before I pass it on to other bloggers that I adore. First, make sure you check out Lisa’s blog. She’s an uber-talented and all around awesome Advertising Professional and one classy lady!
Now I have to share 7 things about me that you readers might not have known before… hmmm here goes!
1. I love love love middle names. It has been my experience that middle names tend to be pretty revelatory about a person and it’s one of my favorite things to learn about someone! …in case you’re wondering, mine’s Kate
2. I am a product junkie. A makeup artist of 5 years now and intern at a fabulous makeup company I have cabinets and drawers overflowing with spritzes, serums, creams and compacts. I’m lucky enough to have gotten lots of swag over the years and I can never bear to part with a great product!
3. Music makes my world go ’round. I believe that life should have a soundtrack and I have spent 21 years perfecting mine. A good song says so much more than just it’s lyrics and has the amazing ability to touch people’s hearts. Music is something that was passed on to me by my mom, an amazing singer, songwriter and musician herself, and it is something that I love sharing with people! Coming from a musical family makes everything from holidays to rainy days that much better and I can’t imagine it any other way! I see as much live music as possible and I’m always up for a good show.
4. Sort of on that note, I am at my absolute happiest when I’m performing. Whether I’m singing, acting or miming for that matter, give me a stage and I jump at the opportunity to be smack dab in the middle of it!
5. I have an amazing family. We’re definitely not your traditional, nuclear, family unit, but we like it that way.
6. My all time favorite movie is White Christmas. Danny Kay, Rosemary Clooney and Bing Crosby are simply classic.
7. And for lucky number seven… my favorite time of day is around 3:30 when the sun is glowing orange and the whole world looks warm and happy like a cup of hot tea.
Now I’m supposed to name 15 blogs that I’m passing this award onto but I narrowed down to my fave 5. Here they are!
Teen Fashionista: Casey Lewis is friend of mine and fellow J-schooler. Meeting her Sophomore year and reading her delightful blog has always been my inspiration to start blogging. Sweet and bubbly with impeccable taste, reading Casey’s blog is like sipping a glass of sparkling lemonade… how can you not smile?
Cupcakes and Cashmere: Not like she needs an award from me, but Emily is my blog idol. I have been reading daily for I don’t even know how long and I’m constantly inspired by her refreshing personality and fabulous style. Plus I think we’re kindred home decor spirits… we have the same bedding and bed side furniture!
Daily Pep Talk From a Best Friend: In a world full of competition and cut throat colleagues (even in college!) it’s nice to feel like someone’s on your side. Reading Rachel’s blog is exactly what it says, a pep talk from a girl that feels like your best friend and the perfect positive start to my day.
Pretty Little Things: Love this site. They strike the perfect balance of classic and quirky to keep things refreshing, fun and all around pretty! The perfect pick me up to any drab day.
Lovely Homes: Exactly what the title says. I love being inspired and uber jealous of the beautiful rooms featured on this blog! Plus there are great DIY and recipes!
So there you have it! I’d like to thank the Academy for this award…. okay so maybe it’s not an Oscar but I sure feel like Sandra Bullock right now! PS– check back later for my fave fashions from the red carpet. *Ellie Saab, swoon*